What is It: Face Wash or Face Paint?

0 Comments

Acne is never chic. Unfortunately, no matter how chic you may be acne will hunt you down and attack. I used to go to a dermatologist who prescribed me an acne medication in pill form and also some life changing face wash. The doctor told me I would break out heavily from the pills before my face would start to clear up which made me quite skeptical. Since it was my freshman year in college and I couldn’t afford a major break out I opted to skip the pills and just stick to the face wash. The face wash was labeled like a pill prescription bottle with long unusual medical terms so what exactly it was I’m still not sure.

About a year later I had stopped going to this dermatologist because my acne issues had ultimately gone away! The face wash he prescribed to me was a miracle. After I ran out of the initial prescription of the wash however my face was doomed.

Since being away at college I didn’t necessarily want to start up with the dermatologist again because that seemed like a hassle, I decided to call and find out what I had been previously prescribed. Although I couldn’t get the exact face wash I had been using, I was able to get the name of a wash sold in stores that contained the main acne fighting ingredient!

This newly found glorious face wash is called Breakout Control by Equate Beauty.

When I say glorious face wash, however, I am only talking about the acne fighting part (10% Benzoyl Peroxide). The rest of the solution is actually pretty irritating to say the least. The wash leaves a very stubborn white residue once out of the shower. Not to mention it doesn’t really seem like you’re actually washing it off at all when you rinse. Kind of as though you just applied permanent paint to your face which clearly was not the goal. Never is.  The substance is quite dense nevertheless I can’t say it doesn’t work! 

Also, I noticed a little drying on my checks after I had started using this product. Although if you’re a daily user of facial moisturizer then you really don’t need to worry about that.

So it comes down to the question: Is this face wash worth the annoyance? I would personally say yes. Even though having to go back and rinse my face after I exit the shower is just an extra step added to my shower routine that is not needed, I would much rather have to do that than have bad break outs again.


I would recommend this product for anyone looking to actually clear their break outs. A little residue and dryness is worth the pay off! Oh, and did I mention it’s only $3.68 at Wal-Mart? What a deal!

Have you tried this product or are thinking about it? Let me know what you think about it!


You may also like

No comments: