Wasting Time Wasting Outfits

0 Comments

At first thought, apps like Stylebook and Pureple which are closet organizing apps seem like a really convenient and organized idea. However, if you are anything like me then you’ll know that apps like those just simply wouldn’t work and quite frankly are a waste of time.

The Apple App Store has come out with what could be a genius idea with pre planned outfits in a closet organizing app. You simply upload pictures of garments and put together an outfit which you can then place on a calendar as a guide for your weekly ensembles. Super cool idea with some not so cool flaws, in my opinion.

You see, I am more of a practical dresser. Don’t get me wrong, I always make sure to keep it très chic always but I also know my outfit that day isn’t going to let the breeze in if it were to be windy. I also know I will be rocking rain boots if any sort of rain is on the forecast that day. And how will I find out the most accurate weather for the day? That morning. The morning when i’m trying to decide what to wear. You can't preplan for the weather a week in advance. Although you have the forecast for the week, weather is always changing and you can’t be too sure until that day.

Not to mention, I have a hard time sticking to a schedule so all this preplanning for me to just ignore the schedule, would be an immense waste of my time and probably my phones battery as well. 

The closet planning apps are very nice in theory but for the everyday practical and smart fashionista, they simply don’t work. These apps don’t account for weather which is an extremely important part to outfit planning. Also, I dress for my mood. If I don’t feel as confident as I did the day before maybe I’ll throw on a cute sweater, some leggings, and my adorable Chelsea boots instead of the shift dress with a light cardi and strappy heels to top it off that I had previously planned on the app. Therefore, all the work I went through on the app to take the pictures and upload them to putting all the looks together to fill up the calendar, would have been a waste. Not to mention Stylebook is about $4 so also a waste of money.

All in all, I think if you want to have an awesome outfit that will also provide the things you need (i.e. weather protection and comfort) then preplanning is a no go. Stick to the traditional route when getting dressed and your outfit will strive any day!

Have you tried any of these apps? If so do you like them and actually use them?


You may also like

No comments: