Out with Plato's Closet, In with Vinted

0 Comments

I buy clothes. Lots and lots of clothes. I buy outfits that never actually make it out of my dresser drawers or off the hangers in the closet which is unfortunate not only for the unused neglected garments, but also for my wallet.

Day after day I scuffle past tanks with tags for a blouse worthy of my wear. So the thought came to me: Why keep this clothing that I have not nor plan to ever wear? So, I got smart – or so I thought.

I went to Plato’s closet and went through their selling process with an abundance of un-warn quality clothing articles. Their offer for my clothing was absolutely mind blowing. I was astonished to say the least. I had foolishly expected somewhere around a whopping fifty to sixty dollars however Plato’s Closet clearly thought otherwise. I was handed thirteen bucks. Thirteen stinkin’ dollars for a pair of black slightly ripped (that was the style, of course!) Urban Outfitter high waisted shorts, a Victoria Secret peach V-neck cotton tee, two layered necklaces from American Eagle, and a pair of super chic black gladiator sandals from H&M.

In complete shock I grabbed my lousy thirteen bucks and sulked my way to the door. Feeling completely ripped off, I escaped to the app store looking for clothing apps.

I found an amazing, life-changing, and best yet, free, app called Vinted. On the first day I was able to sell a Victoria Secret quarter zip and made thirty dollars! Of course there is a commission fee of 19% the app collects but in comparison to any other ways of selling unused or slightly used garments, the fee is worth it! Since becoming an addicted “Vintie”, I have made almost two hundred and twenty dollars selling clothes. Out with the old and in with the new!

How Vinted works is you snap a few pics of your super cute clothes then add a little description and you are good to sell! You have the liberty to decide the pricing which I found to be a nice freedom and change from Plato’s.


I was worried my items would get lost in the large feed of other Vintie’s and what they’re selling however I have found that just isn’t the case. I get constant notifications throughout the day for items listed months ago!

The price of selling a Victoria Secret quarter zip hoodie on the Vinted app was double the amount made selling multiple items to Plato’s Closet. If money is the goal, then Vinted is the game plan!


I would love to hear what my readers think of the Vinted app and Plato’s Closet! Leave comments and questions!


You may also like

No comments: